The Wild Web Woman team enjoys the benefits of working from home (or from our fave local coffee house), which we absolutely love! This allows us the freedom to work in our pajamas (or workout wear, or whatever we feel liked) and be home with our kids and live in areas we love….all while doing the work we love. There are so many benefits to our virtual office, including having healthy eating options! Here are some healthy snacks we suggest you stock in your kitchen so you can snack strategically (just try not to get crumbs in your keypad..okay?)
My folks were visiting last week and my dad in particular has a junk food addiction, so the house was loaded with 75% off Easter candy. The temptation to grab a peanut butter and chocolate egg for breakfast, instead of a healthier choice, absolutely won over many mornings. Confession time — self professed sugar addict here! SO, in an effort to help others avoid my mistake, I reached out to our team to hear about their fave healthy snacks to grab in between client projects.
So in no particular order, here are our team favorites:
Quick and easy grab foods:
- GoRaw Organic Cookies. Made with sprouted seeds, tasty and nourishing! Our fave flavors are ginger flavor, chocolate and lemon.
- Mini red and orange peppers. Refreshing and crunchy! Go organic if you can!
- Fresh ground almond butter (much better and less oily than store bought!) with organic celery. Lots of grocery stores give you the option to grind on site and a food processor is also an awesome option to make your own butter.
- Organic Honey Crisp apple slices with sharp cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Sweet Kale salad kit– simply dump out your desired portion size, toss in the included toppings of pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries, add the poppy seed dressing that also comes with the kit. We love the sliced Brussels sprouts and broccoli included with this salad mix for some good crunch!
- Bananas and oranges
- Nut butter (either almond or peanut) with an organic tart Granny Smith apple with sprinkles of cinnamon, hemp and chia seeds, flax meal and pink salt crystals
- Cashews mixed with pumpkin seeds and Craisins
- Hard boiled egg with Himalayan Sea Salt and cracked black pepper
- Chocolate Peppermint Luna Bars (I can add your amazon affiliate link to this one too)
- Late July organic chips.
Shakes and Drinks:
- Anne’s afternoon shake: 1 cup unsweetened Kefir + 1 cup frozen blueberries + 1 teaspoon of Matcha green powder + 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Blend with Bullet.
- Mary’s coffee: cold brew organic low acid coffee with a spoon of coconut butter and almond milk.
- Kelly’s go-to: Purium Apple-Berry shake.
- Anne’s daily addiction: 1 tablespoon of Braggs raw apple cider vinegar in 8 oz distilled water.
- Tonya’s morning hot beverage: 1/6 squeeze lemon wedge, tsp. honey, green tea and hot water. It’s a great way to start the day and your metabolism.
- Katherine’s daily dose: Coconut water
- Lorrie’s addiction: Aloe water. Great for skin and digestion (and is fabulous in margaritas too…AFTER work of course!)
If you find you have a little extra time and patience, these energy bars are delish! (Thanks Tonya!)
NO BAKE ENERGY BARS
1 cup dry oatmeal
⅔ cup coconut flakes
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup ground flax seed
½ cup chocolate chips
⅓ cup honey
1 Tablespoon chia seed
1 Teaspoon vanilla
Mix all ingredients together and let sit in fridge about
Roll into small balls about 1” in size.
Store in tight container.
Yum! After all this food talk, we are off to the kitchen to grab a quick snack!