As National Smile Week wraps up (the second week in August), we thought we would round up some fun facts about smiling. The Wild Web Women are true believers that smiling is a superpower and one we put to use often!
Did you know…
- You were smiling before you were born. 3D Ultrasounds show that even babies practice smiling before they are born.
- Smiling triggers happiness. When you smile it has a direct effect on your brain, making you feel happier.
- Smiling is Contagious! Science has shown that we mimic other people’s facial expressions in an attempt to empathize with those around us. So SMILE and you might actually make someone feel better!
- Smiling boosts your immune system. A smile increases your body’s release of serotonin which blocks cortisol, which is released when you are stressed. This boosts your white blood cells count, which gives your immune system a boost as well.
- Smiling relieves stress. We get it! Being an entrepreneur can be stressful, but try smiling as a natural stress reliever.
If you need any more convincing to smile-take a few minutes to watch this TED talk, where Ron Gutman shares the Hidden Power of Smiling.
Turn that frown upside down and reap the benefits of your beautiful smile!
Kelly has over 20 years of experience running the critical “behind the scenes” things an online business demands – virtual office management, online invoicing, online office solutions, client relations, scheduling as well as helping web marketing clients with website updates, SEO, social media, blog content and more. She LOVES her work from home lifestyle and is excited to share her experience with others seeking to spend more time doing the things they love. Read More